|Chickpea and pumpkin curry|
Chickpea and Pumpkin Curry
1 tbs oil
1 onion finely sliced
1 kg pumpkin cut into small chunks
3 cups of water (750ml)
420g chickpeas drained
1 chunky cut carrot
140ml coconut milk (powdered coconut milk is really useful and is what I used)
20 bay leaves
To make the curry paste mix the following in a separate bowl;
1 tbs oil
1tsp curry powder
4 cm fresh ginger finely chopped
2 tbs coriander powder
4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
1 chili finely sliced
1 tsp tumeric
1. Heat the oil and cook the onions until browned.
2. Add the curry paste and lightly fry for a minute or two.
3. Add the pumpkin and carrot chunks and coat in the paste.
4. Cover with the water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the chickpeas and coconut milk.
6. Cook for a further 10 minutes on a low heat or until the pumpkin in soft.
7. Make sure to pull the bay leaves out if you can to avoid chewing on a leaf.