|Grilled Cod on a warm lentil salad|
This is a delicious fish recipe and perfect for this time of year when something warm but fresh and light is definitely on the menu. Its also really easy and any left over lentils can be chilled and eaten cold or added to a delicious stock and blended into a soup!
Warm Puy Lentil SaladServes 6-8
175g Cooked Puy Lentils (To cook, rinse well and place in a large pan. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Hold heat at a rapid boil for 10 minutes, then reduce to a simmer for a further 30 minutes. Drain.)
4tsp olive oil
1 white onion diced
4 sticks celery finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 diced courgette
125g Green beans trimmed and halved
1 diced green pepper
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and celery for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute
2. Add the courgette, pepper and beans until softened.
3. Stir in the mustard and balsamic and then pour the vegetable mixture over the warm lentils. Mix well and season.
Bread topped Cod
30g brown bread crumbs
1tbsp copped parsley
2tbsp olive oil
4 fresh cod fillets
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat a medium grill
2. Mix together bread crumbs, parsley and olive oil.
3. Brush the fish with a little oil and seasoning. Sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture and a squeeze of lemon.
4. Grill for 4-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily.